I am currently working on updating the look and feel of my portfolio. Because it happened so that in the last few weeks I was asked for my portfolio address and I am really not happy with the old design, I started thinking about using a “coming soon” page.
What makes a successful “coming soon” page? Let’s see:
- It needs to be branded/designed to look like the coming page
- It needs to explain who you are and what is this website going to be about
- It needs to provide either
- a way to contact you (email/phone/skype)
- or a way to find you elsewhere online (social networks/portfolio galleries etc.)
- or an option to sign up for updates
- or at least a counter showing when is the website going to be ready
Below 4 outstanding inspirations I found this week:
And at the end a bit of resources. A really good check-list-style article from Smashing Magazine on the topic of building “coming soon” pages.